Dry needling is a therapeutic technique that involves the insertion of thin, solid needles into trigger points in the muscles. These trigger points are areas of tightness and tension in the muscle that can cause pain and discomfort. Dry needling is commonly used to treat musculoskeletal pain, including back pain. Here are some of the ways that dry needling can help alleviate back pain:
- Releases tension in the muscles: Dry needling targets trigger points in the muscles, which can help release tension and improve muscle function. This can help reduce muscle spasms and improve range of motion in the back.
- Stimulates blood flow: The insertion of needles into the muscles can stimulate blood flow to the affected area. This can help reduce inflammation and promote healing in the back muscles.
- Triggers a healing response: Dry needling can stimulate the body’s natural healing response by promoting the release of endorphins and other natural painkillers. This can help reduce pain and improve overall well-being.
- Helps break up scar tissue: Scar tissue can form in the muscles after an injury, which can contribute to back pain. Dry needling can help break up scar tissue and promote healing in the affected area.
- Improves nerve function: Dry needling can help improve nerve function by reducing pressure on nerves that may be compressed or irritated. This can help reduce pain and improve overall function in the back.
In conclusion, dry needling can be an effective treatment option for back pain. It can help release tension in the muscles, stimulate blood flow, trigger a healing response, break up scar tissue, and improve nerve function. If you’re considering dry needling for your back pain, be sure to seek out a qualified healthcare professional who is trained in this technique.
(Generated by ChatGPT)
Silky Oak Chiropractic provides dry needling.
WHERE TO FIND US:
Unit 1, 36 Devlan Street, Mansfield, QLD 4122
PHONE OR TEXT:
Belmont, Camp Hill, Cannon Hill, Carina, Carindale, Chandler, Gumdale, Manly, Manly West, Murarrie, Tingalpa, Wakerley, Burbank, Greenslopes, Holland Park, Holland Park West, Macgregor, Mackenzie, Mansfield, Moorooka, Mount Gravatt, Mount Gravatt East, Rochedale, Upper Mount Gravatt, Wishart