Where to from here?
Terms and Conditions – HCF More for Backs
Our “No Gap” promotion means that if your private Health Insurance pays a full benefit for your chiropractic treatment. If you qualify, we will not charge you the “gap” amount – that is, the difference between the cost of your First Appointment and the insurance rebate received.
This promotion includes:
- First Appointments in office only
- Which includes Consultation, Exam and Treatment on the day.
Our “No Gap” promotion extends to patients that meet the following conditions on the day of treatment:
- You must be covered for chiropractic by HCF on the day of your treatment
- You must have your current, valid HCF health fund card with you on the day*
- In-office consultations only, excludes mobile consultations
- You have not exceeded your fund’s benefit limit for the current period, and thus a full benefit is received for each treatment item**
**In this context, “full benefit” does not mean 100% of the cost of treatment; it is the full amount which your health fund would typically contribute
This deal only applies to in office appointments and excludes mobile or home visit chiropractic care.
General Terms and Conditions:
The patient (or for a minor, their legal guardian) upholds the responsibility to inform us about any changes to your personal details and medical health details, respectively. If further information is required on your medical health details, you shall provide us with permission to contact your general practitioner or any other practitioner.
The patient (or for a minor, their legal guardian) agrees to assume all financial responsibility for all treatment rendered, and understands that full payment is required on the day of treatment. The patient (or for a minor, their legal guardian) agrees to cover all costs incurred to recover any outstanding debt for which I am responsible, including debt collectors and legal fees.
Any patient under the age of 18 must have a consenting adult with them on the day of treatment.
We exercise the right to refuse treatment to any patient that does not adhere to the aforementioned conditions, or any patient being rude, unruly or violent to our staff on our premises.